Monday, January 19, 2009

Pasar Borong

Few days ago, I went to wet market. Pasar. The Pasar Borong of Melaka.
It's been months I've not been there. The reason I am there was to get stuffs for Chinese New Year with my mum.
I love going to Pasar cause I love the atmosphere especially the arrival of CNY. They illegally put red fireworks to signify that is a new year (not so sure with their custom). Haha...


Marine products @ Fishes section was my favourite cause the fishes there are fresh and is chilling there. (ICE..loads of ICE). One thing that I can't stand the fish section is the water from the melting ice that blends in with the fishes and other sea creatures odours which turns the water to flow on the floor. It became worst when the fishmongers are walking fast and stepped on the puddle of fishes' water that splash on to my feet. Ewww....The whole pathway is full of stinky water and it is narrow. Fishes there can be expensive when CNY approaching. Unless, you know which stall or kenal the tauke there then that would be another different story.
I learned how to pick the best and fresh fish and that's a secret.

Then, the least favourite section was poultry section. I can't stand the smell of the after-slaughter poultries especially chickens. The smell of the slaughters...one of a kind. Too bad I've to pass there just to get to the fish section. To come and think about it...I use to turn my head away.
Damn. It makes me wanna puke to come across with those smells.
See..it's dry. I watched my sunrise there. *note: the sky

The veggie section are dry and it's great to look at those fresh veggies.

One thing I dislike was that I had to get up earlier than my usual days. Otherwise, the best fishes had been bought by someone else.
Outside of the pasar have another so called pasar pagi where breakfasts are sold there. I can see a lot of nasi lemak there.

2 comments:

Amber said...

long time since i've been to a market! or a pasar malam! :(

US dont have wet markets.. maybe chinatown? but here no chinatown haha.

瑜颖 said...

Ya..too bad huh