Friday, February 20, 2009

POV on horror movies

I was too tired last night with sores on my back. So, I decided to settle down on the comfy sofa and watched 'Shutter' again. It all begins when I was hunger for a movie and I couldn't find any good movies on the television and I searched high and low for DVDs. Yet, there aren't any movies as I've almost finished watching those DVDs. Thus, I watched 'Shutter' all over again. If only that DVD player can read my pendrive, I would have repeated 'Love Collage'.

Surprisingly, those suspense and spooks do really gave me a shock. No wonder 'Rotten Tomatoes' rated 79% and labeled it as fresh. That's really awesome. So much for my Ananda Everingham. Not only he is handsome but he is also talented.

Only me and my brothers were watching the movie and predicting those shit spooks. No laughter as I was too tired to laugh. I want to remain constant mood.

Usually, my brothers and I will always laughed at every ghost movies' spooks till tears came rolling down. Oh boy...that's how our ghost movie turn into self made comedy movie. So, whenever I watched ghost movie alone, I'll laughed as I keep on imagining the possible jokes that the jokers could give.

However, when it comes to the cinema, watching horror movies in cinemas had become another scenario. I screamed and shouted while I can as no one knows who is the menace. I called it as stress reliever. Believe me, it will be soothing after all the shouts even though those scenes aren't scary at all.

Right, I went too far. Back to the movie, the ghost creation is really good. Those suspense do not have too much sounds effect which is even scarier. Before credits started rolling in, the answers for every puzzles were revealed which is a curiosity reliever. Well, I've to admit that the ghost is prettier than the main actress. Too bad, the ghost is on wig all time. Not really the ghost, it was the woman before she became ghost. Besides, this movie is also related to my interest. Ya, it was smart of my brothers to relate it with my interest and 'Love Collage'. Wonderful. I didn't know till they shouted at me. Struting and freting that I've watched 'Shutter' for like 4 times. Haha... If only Ananda had his hair cut then there will probably be more drooling. The remake which released last year wasn't a success as I don't really know why. I relied on Rotten Tomatoes and still I haven't watch them yet.

Previously, there are remakes of Ju-On, The Depart (Wu Jian Dao) and which I couldn't really think of right now wasn't a huge success. The reason, simple: The originals are always the one that every audience remembered.

Now, I'm searching for 'The Sixth Sense'. Till then, happy weekends.

No comments: