Saturday, February 28, 2009

Doodling does help in memory

Good news (for those who have poor memories)...

The research stated that doodling can help memory. That sounds right for me. Hmmm...
I'm not sure anyone of you does doodle but I do doodle. However, I had stopped the habit of doodling after knowing that I might not paying attention. Thank goodness, Susu came on time... that's what I need.

So, the research here says:

"If someone is doing a boring task, like listening to a dull telephone conversation, they may start to daydream," study researcher Professor Jackie Andrade, of the School of Psychology at the University of Plymouth, said in a news release issued by the journal's publisher. "Daydreaming distracts them from the task, resulting in poorer performance. A simple task, like doodling, may be sufficient to stop daydreaming without affecting performance on the main task."

Haha... it reflected as I always swim to lala land. Thank you to Susu for showing me the article and thanks to the Professor Andrade for proving it. Now, I can scribble my papers!!! Wee...

Scribbling does help in memory.


I have attached a link above.
Read it before you accuse me.

No comments: