Wednesday, February 4, 2009

CNY activities

And so we had photo shoot during Chinese New Year

Grandma

Ah Pei, Li Ying and Xiao Ying

Grandpa(he is gorgeous...:P) and me

Ah Pei

Me and Xing

Xiao Qian looks forceful..she's a menace

Me and Xing again



We took family portraits this year..to remember...
We had family portrait..the preparation
One of the family
The grand ones


The brats daringly standing on the back of the car just to watch lion dance

Lion dance in gramps house

Gramps house

Chinese New Year is always a time where we have fun...for me. I don't regard CNY is the day we receive ang pows but is a time where fun turn me on. However, this year it's kind of different cause my maternal side had divided to 2 sides...it's a family affair. Yet, I still had my memorable CNY as I just like being there. Even though, I knew that there will be not much relatives by the 2nd day but I just stubbornly wanna stay there. It's pretty boring there..(my brother claimed it) but I like to be there.
I colored Xiao Qian's coloring book and she loves it.

I've kids to babysit..at least. Haha...
Somehow, I did not took much pictures on the activities but you people can predict it such as reunion dinner, firecrackers, gambling and ...
But, my cousin, aunts, brother and me did something which women usually does...Gossip. Haha...that's what we did to pass our times. Don't ask me why my brother intrude.
My uncle's house: 1)view from outside 2)view from inside 3)night view from inside

Don't blame the house for being messy as these are meant for grandpa to walk.

This year, my youngest brother and I had extended our stay in my uncle's house till the 5th day..which seems kind of long.
What we did was...playing mahjong all day long...Xiao Ke and me had 50 rounds of it where there are only both of us. I won her...hehe...
Our scores...

Bro and I bullied Xiao Ke's sisters, Xiao Qian and Xiao Yu.
We joined Yee Li's menace.
We favoured Xiao Xuan just to see her crawling and smiling.
We gambled till passed the midnight.
We had drinks and foods all day long...don't be surprise if you see me putting on weight.
My uncle brought us to famous cendol for afternoon's dessert.

The famous cendol stall in Tangkak. The stall usually close early.

We had so many junk food and cookies
Endless of mahjong games..(cleaned ones)
Mahjong~s

Steamboat dinner
We use rice cookers instead of the steamboat cooker...haha...3 somemore.

Wines wines and wines
Strawberry wine...sweet


Below are photographs from Xiao Qian..she kept snapping whatever she sees with my phone.

Yes..princess Xiao Ke needs to sleep..haha


During my stays in uncle's mansion (that's what he calls it), I wanted to calm myself down to allow myself to breath even just for a little while.
I think and thought that why I should get fuss over some small issues when there are bigger issues awaiting for me to deal with.
I should banish my wrath and be more calm.
All this while, I learned that the outcome isn't the most important thing whereas the process play the biggest role in one task. This is where I believe that the God will do the karma and eyes are everywhere to see it. Somehow, it takes time for them to see. I learned it while watching the process of preparing the steamboat.
I also learned patience from grandpa indirectly.
More of like punishing myself to have a rethink on all my act of foolishness from the past.
Have that change myself?
I got to take sometime to supervise myself...consciously???
haha
This year, I didn't gamble much this year and I don't know why it drives me this way.


Thank you to Uncle for his good hospitality and food
Thank you to grandpa and grandma for teaching me
Thank you to Kelly for the wines and fetching me
Thank you to all my relatives for joining the excitement

No comments: