- A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her.
- Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
- Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months.
- Illusion is the first of all pleasures.
- It is a very sad thing that nowadays there is so little useless information.
- One should always play fairly when one has the winning cards.
- Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
- When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
- I can resist anything but temptation.
- Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes.
Saturday, May 16, 2009
Quotes from Oscar Wilde
Quotes to ponder from Oscar Wilde. A witty English man.