Saturday, September 26, 2009

Extractions. Beautiful rhytm.

I'll make the most of all the sadness,
You'll be a bitch because you can.
You try to hit me just to hurt me
So you leave me feeling dirty
Because you can't understand.
*Slow Dancing In A Burning Room- John Mayer*


I will beg my way into your garden
I will break my way out when it rains
Just to get back to the place where I started
So I can want you back all over again
*I Don't Trust Myself (In Loving You)- John Mayer*


I worry, I weigh three times my body
I worry, I throw my fear around
But this morning, there's a calm I can't explain
The rock candy's melted, only diamonds now remain
*Clarity- John Mayer*


Sky blue gets dark enough
To see the colors of the city lights
A trail of ruby red and diamond white
Hits her like a sunrise
*Neon- John Mayer*


(I wake up to find it's another
Four aspirin morning, and I dive in
I put on the same clothes I wore yesterday.
When did society decide that we had to change
And wash a tee shirt after every individual use:
If it's not dirty, I'm gonna wear it.
I take the stairs to the car
And there's fog on the windows.
(And I'm Fighting the words...)
I need caffeine in my blood stream,
I take caffeine in the blood stream.
I grip the wheel and all at once I realize:
(And you're getting away...)
My life has become a boring pop song
And everyone's singing along.)
*I'm Ready- Jack's Mannequin*


This flood (this flood) is slowly rising up swallowing the ground
Beneath my feet, Tell me how anybody thinks under this condition so
I'll swim (I'll swim) as the water rises up, the sun is sinking down
And now all I can see are the planets in a row
Suggesting it's best that I slow down
*Dark Blue- Jack's Mannequin*


I read your letter
The one you left when you broke into my house
Retracing every step you made
And you said you meant it
And there's a piece of me in every single
Second of every single day
But if it's true then tell me how it got this way
*Mixed Tape- Jack's Mannequin*



But under skinned knees and the skid marks
Past the places where you used to learn
You howl and listen
Listen and wait for the
Echoes of angels who won't return
*Everything You Want- Vertical Horizon*


And I am finally there
And all the angels they'll be singing
Ah la la la, ah la la la
I la la la la love you

*Make It Mine- Jason Mraz*



Was it you who spoke the words that things would happen but not to me
Oh things are gonna happen naturally
Oh taking your advice I'm looking on the bright side
And balancing the whole thing
But often times those words get tangled up in lines
And the bright lights turn to night
Until the dawn it brings
Another day to sing about the magic that was you and me
*You and I Both- Jason Mraz*



Well life has a funny way of sneaking up on you
When you think everything's okay and everything's going right
And life has a funny way of helping you out when
You think everything's gone wrong and everything blows up
In your face
*Ironic- Alanis Morissette*


I dig my toes into the sand
The ocean looks like a thousand diamonds
Strewn across a blue plain
I lean against the wind
Pretend that I am weightless
And in this moment I am happy...happy
*I Wish You Were Here- Incubus*


It's like I'm paranoid lookin' over my back
It's like a whirlwind inside of my head
It's like I can't stop what I'm hearing within
It's like the face inside is right beneath my skin
*Papercut- Linkin Park*


They are turning my head out
To see what I'm all about
Keeping my head down
To see what it feels like now
But I have no doubt
One day, we are gonna get out
*Lovers in Japan- Coldplay*


Now the sky could be blue
I don't mind
Without you it's a waste of time

Could be blue
I don’t mind
Without you it’s a waste of time

Could be blue,
Could be grey
Without you I’m just miles away

Could be blue
I don’t mind
Without you it’s a waste of time
*Strawberry Swing- Coldplay*


You're a part time lover and a full time friend
The monkey on you're back is the latest trend
I don't see what anyone can see, in anyone else
But you
*Anyone Else But You- The Moldy Peaches*


This night, walk the dead
In a solitary style
And crash the cemetery gates
In the dress your husband hates
Way down, mark the grave
Where the search lights find us,
Drinking by the mausoleum door,
And they found you on the bathroom floor
*Cemetery Drive- My Chemical Romance*


If you're lost you can look and you will find me
Time after time
If you fall I will catch you, I'll be waiting
Time after time
*Time After Time- Cyndi Lauper*



No comments: