Saturday, November 22, 2008

Chinese Paper Cutting

I just love my Chinese Lecturer. Yes, IS LOVE. Not the sarcastic love and the LOVE love. But the affection of love in teacher- student way.

I used to have Chinese teachers that are strict and boring during my primary school days. NOTE: My Chinese class was extra class.

But, she is totally different. She is too young to be one. 20++. That's her age. She is soft and gentle. She also has the patience to teach us in EVERYTHING and yes, I mean EVERYTHING. From words to pronounciation. She actually stop and correct for you.

Yesterday, I learned Chinese Paper Cutting for my Chinese Class. That was part of the syllabus. Chinese Culture.

This is what she called Basic...

At first, I thought it was gonna be hard and tough. You know, you have to be very extra CAREFUL with all the edges and holes. But, her influence through her teachings... I was 'WOW'. She had all those samples that she had made during her training in Beijing. Oh boy, you would probably awe and gave her compliments. But, her response is those were just basic. Then, you will probably drop your jaw.

She gave us red papers and scissors. Then, she explained and told us her philosophies and stories in the class. While, I was there cutting and listening to her. I did Twin Happiness and a Butterfly. That is what she gave. She even challenged me to do a smaller one and I did it tho is a little bit torn.

Then, I was done...Haha. Very proud of it and probably I will do it for the upcoming Chinese New Year. I put my artwork in my file where I can walk and show off at the same time. Haha...What I've learned from Chinese Paper Cutting is that patience and shift all my stress away cause when one is concentrating, you don't think of anything else but to finish it.

Twin happiness

Upclose


My butterfly

My butterfly with my own design

This time my Chinese class won't be that boring and formal as she turn the class to be fun. I enjoy her class a lot.

2 comments:

chris federick said...

Hi chris here, interesting post. Like ur butterfly.

瑜颖 said...

ahaha..thanks. love my butterfly also.